Start your career in the growing GREEN field today!
Weatherization Technician (Carpentry-Construction-Insulation)
Accurate-Airtight Exteriors is looking for weatherization technicians to join our crew. We work year-round in both existing and new construction buildings. We are very busy and looking for you to be part of our growing team! Not only are you helping people save money and be more comfortable but also helping the environment through reduced energy consumption.
This position would be considered light construction.
Job duties will include:
- Air sealing and caulking
- Loading insulation machine
- Stock service truck for daily duties
- Install insulation (mostly non-itchy cellulose and spray foam insulation)
- Installation of weather-stripping
- Temporarily removal and replacement of siding (wall insulation)
- Crawl space insulation, ground cover floor applications
- Venting and installing ventilation equipment
- Regular use of saws and other construction tools.
- Other duties as instructed by Team Leader
- The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Team player
- Strong work ethic and willing to work hard
- Valid driver's license and good driving record is required
- Willing and able to work in small spaces a plus
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills
Knowledge and experience with any of the following skills a plus:
- Windows and doors
- Energy audits
- General carpentry
- Quality control/inspections
We schedule a 35 - 45-hour work week, depending on season, with limited weekend work. No layoffs!
We are looking for someone to work in the Madison and surrounding area. Ability to work independently and as a team.
About 5 - 15 days a year we have overnight jobs. All overnight jobs are compensated with an Overnight Bonus and are discussed well in advance to ensure availability. Not required.
Employees are paid weekly at a competitive rate based on prior experience.
To apply for this job:
Please visit our indeed job posting and reply with a resume and description of your interest in this position, past work experience, and education. Job application upon request.
Visit to learn more about us:
Up to $25.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Construction Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Carpentry: 1 year (Preferred)
- Enclosed space: 1 year (Preferred)
- General Labor: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- One location
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Madison, WI ; Sun Prairie, WI ; Portage, WI ; Columbus, WI ; Fox Lake, WI ; Deerfield, WI ; Poynette, WI ; Beaver Dam, WI ; Watertown, WI ; Stoughton, WI
Tuesday, September 21, 2021